Shift Happens

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Social Networking

When I was a junior in High School, I created a Facebook account. The reason I created an account was because many of my classmates and friends were getting them and I felt it was a great way to stay connected. It was also the only social networking group that appealed to me. Now that I am in college, it has proven to be a very easy and convenient way to stay connect to my friends and family that are many miles away from what I now call "home". The thing I found most interesting about Facebook is that it allows you to post and view pictures of others. I believe that is the reason why many people are joining social network groups such as Facebook, MySpace, Ning, Gather, and WebJunction.
Now that I am in the process of becoming a teacher, I have found many more ways to utilize this website in my classroom for educational purposes. For example, if I would be to assign my students group work, they could create a group on Facebook and stay connected through that website.

1 comment:

  1. Do you see this networking expanding when you begin your career? I believe that many of you will continue to communicate with your college contacts and share ides/techniques throughout your professional careers.

    ReplyDelete